By VICTORIA CALDERON
• Leader & Times
A special meeting for the city commission was conducted Wednesday night. The meeting was called to listen to grant and funding requests from non-profit organizations across town.
Each organization was allowed five minutes for its presentation. They each talked briefly about what their organization was about and what they need funding for.
Following is the list of all the organizations that asked the city for not-for-profit funding Wednesday evening:
• The American Legion
• Baker Arts Center
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Depot Heritage
• First Presbyterian Church
• Angels for Animals
• JCAPS, Juvenile Intake and Assessments
• Liberal Bee Jays
• Liberal is Ozsome Campaign
• Original Town of Liberal Revitilization Organization
• SCCC/ATS Kansas Small Business Development Center
• Stepping Stone Shelter
• Youth Entrepeneurs
• SKADAF (not present for meeting)
No action was taken at the meeting. A meeting to determine who will be receiving funding will be at 7 a.m. Monday, July 22.