Crews work Wednesday on the new drive-thru pharmacy at Dillon’s in north Liberal. L&T photos/Robert Pierce
• Provided by Dillon’s’s
Officials at Dillon’s Stores have announced renovation plans for their location at 1417 N. Kansas Ave. to provide customers with even more of what they want – an abundance of fresh foods at a great value, customer-friendly service and convenient one-stop shopping.
The construction project began in late August and is expected to be completed early in 2014.
Dillon’s has served the Liberal community at its current location since 1991 and continues to provide innovative ways to share its very best with customers.
The announcement of this upcoming renovation project marks the latest investment in western Kansas, with similar renovations completed in Dodge City and Garden City.
According to Sheila Lowrie, Dillon’s spokesperson, the renovated store will provide busy customers with a one-stop shopping experience.
“We are sure customers will be thrilled with the new look and offerings, following our renovation,” Lowrie said. “These enhancements will allow us to focus even more attention on providing what our customers want – freshness, variety, service and value – all at their neighborhood Dillon’s.”
When completed, the newly remodeled Dillon’s will feature upgrades throughout the store. A few examples include:
• New offerings of natural and organic foods at Nature’s Market
• New full-service Meat and Seafood Departments with expanded selections of the highest quality and freshness
• Additional selections of garden-fresh fruits and vegetables, including new organic varieties
• Enhanced bakery with specially-decorated cakes and cupcakes for all occasions and freshly baked breads and pastries
• New Dillon’s Pharmacy with private counsel room and updated waiting area
• New conveniences at Guest Care and Dillon’s Money Services, with check cashing, money orders, Western Union and iWireless pre-paid phones
• Expanded dairy and frozen food selections with a focus on quality store brands
• Expanded and new lines for baby and toddler care needs
• Fresh looks with new décor featuring vibrant colors, bilingual aisle and department markers, polished concrete flooring and upgraded restroom facilities
“One-stop shopping is more than a convenience, it’s a necessity to most shoppers today,” Lowrie said. “Our customers want quality foods at a great value – all in one convenient stop. That’s why we will offer expanded selections of the freshest meat, seafood and produce. We will also provide several new natural and organic foods. Whether you have time to make a complete home-cooked meal or just need a quick meal-on-the-go, Dillon’s is your one-stop shop.”
A few upgrades, which improve customers’ shopping experiences while helping to conserve energy and reduce waste, include:
• Lighting: An automated lighting system will maintain an energy-efficient schedule with motion sensor technology. Similarly, LED lighting with motion sensors will be installed in the frozen food cases.
• Cooling: An innovative program will electronically control the store’s refrigeration and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. New high-efficiency fan motors will use less electricity to keep food chilled to proper temperatures. An efficient heat recovery system also heats the air, keeping shoppers comfortable while saving energy.
• Building materials: Installation of polished concrete floors will cut back on construction materials and will allow for easier maintenance. This will reduce the need for chemical cleaning solvents over time.
• Reuse and recycle: Store associates will continue to be trained to follow a waste reduction and recycling program for all cardboard and plastic packaging the store receives. Dillon’s will also encourage customers to reduce waste by offering affordable reusable shopping bags and a convenient plastic bag recycling center.
“Dillon’s has been committed to applying sustainable technology throughout our store operations for years,” Lowrie said. “It is important to us and our customers. This remodel provides an opportunity to install several new energy-efficient refrigerated cases and freezers and mount upgraded LED lighting. With these advancements, we will reduce waste and conserve more energy for tomorrow.”