Where there’s smoke, firefighters respond PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 22 April 2010 13:15

Malfunctioning equipment was the reason for a call to the Liberal Fire Department by the residents of 907 Maple at 10:04 p.m. Wednesday. “There was a report of smoke in the garage,” Chief Kelly Kirk said. “What (firefighters) found was a breaker had tripped and it was to the garage door opener. So, they just disconnected the garage door opener and turned the electricity back on. When they cleared from the scene, they advised the occupants they would need to have their garage door opener repaired.” The LFD was on the scene by 10:07 p.m. and back in service by 10:38, Kirk said. Daily Leader photo/Earl Watt

 
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner

Facebook

About The High Plains Daily Leader

The High Plains Daily Leader and Southwest Daily Times are published Sunday through Friday and reaches homes throughout the Liberal, Kansas retail trade zone. The Leader & Times is the official newspaper of Seward County, USD No. 480, USD No. 483 and the cities of Liberal and Kismet.  The Leader & Times is a member of the Liberal Chamber of Commerce, the Kansas Press Association, the National Newspaper Association and the Associated Press.

For more, contact us.

Subscribe

Get the Daily Leader delivered to your home for $101.45 per year in Liberal, or $140 outside Liberal. Call 620-626-0840 for a subscription today. You can receive the print edition or an electronic edition! To subscribe today, email circulation@hpleader.com.

RocketTheme Joomla Templates