• Special to the Daily Leader
Every year, the chapters of the International Thespian Society band together to make a difference in their communities. World hunger is a very serious thing, and Thespians are doing their part to help. Citizens have the opportunity to help out as well!
On Saturday, the LHS Thespian Troupe No. 3024 will be participating in a city-wide collection of canned goods. They are asking the public to help to spread the word, collect and, of course, in donating. For those interested in being part of this special event, please choose one – or all – of the following ways:
1) Be home between the hours of 5 and 9 p.m. Saturday. This is the collection time. Have all canned goods/non-perishables by the door and students will collect them.
2) Sign up to help collect or organize. Drivers are needed who will help canvas the city, as well as people to help collect. People are also needed at the school to help organize the drop-off of goods. All collected items will need to be organized and weighed before delivering them to the local food bank.
3) Please donate any cardboard boxes that are available from classrooms or homes – many are needed to store the collected items.
4) Challenge classes to bring canned goods. Students can collect all week within their classrooms, and a Thespian will come by on Friday to collect them. The teacher who collects the most canned goods from their classes all week will receive a prize from Thespians that can be shared with all of their classes.
5) Tell students they can earn community service for volunteering to help collect.
On behalf of the whole Thespian Troupe No. 3024, thank you for the help and support on this.